Monday, August 4, 2014

Posed vs. Candid



One of the things I enjoy the most is looking aback through old photos.  Photo albums and files on a computer can remind us of all the fun we've had as a family over many years.    I was looking through the family photos I had taken a couple years about of my family and was reminded of all the fun we had together.  I had forgot the silly faces and the goofing off that happened while on the shoot.  As a photographer I get to take my own family photos.  Which seams like a great thing but it takes us a long time to get through a session.  The biggest up side to me taking the photos is they are comfortable with me and relax in a short amount of time.


Most family photos are of the staged kind, everyone wants to show how pretty and put together their family is.  My favorite family photos are the candid ones, or the ones with the crazy faces.  Now these aren't pictures that tend to end up on the wall but you never know when you'll get a great idea out of one of those silly moves.  And the acting silly helps with getting to relaxed in front of the camera, which helps get rid of the deer in the headlights look.







I hope you've enjoyed my families fun.



Do you have candid photos of your family?  Share them in the comments, I look forward to seeing your pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment