Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Our new family member

We just got a dog this weekend and we had both been very stressed about how it was going to work.  I was worried about how the cat was going to handle a new animal in the house.  And if the dog was going to be high strung and unmanageable.  Needless to say neither of us got a lot of sleep leading up to the dogs arrival.


Now we've had him for a few days and things are great.  We are both very happy to have him in our lives, I can't speak for the cat.  I've worked hard to make sure she has her own space to come and go from.  I have seen her walk up to the dog and ask for some loving (don't let her know I saw it though).  The first night we had him though, Missy (the cat) spent the night sleeping on the bed protecting me from Duke (the dog).

Another thing I love about having Duke (at least for now) is that I HAVE to go on walks.  The boy needs some of his energy burnt off, not that he has a lot.  We were out on a walk Sunday night, in the rain, and I started singing "Little boxes on the hillside, little boxes made of ticky tacky, little boxes in a row...."  If you don't recognize the tune its cause I sing out of key all the time.  Its the opening song for the first few seasons of Weeds.  Which by the way if you haven't watched that series watch it now, the whole series is out, it would be a great weekend marathon.

But back to my point, I started wondering why that song came to my head.  As I sang I looked around, most of the houses have features that make each house different.  And I'm not talking about the paint color, that is pretty much universal in my neighborhood.  I decided the one thing that is cookiey cutter, is the trees between the road and the sidewalk.  These trees are annoying too.  It reminded me of my senior thesis, I'll write about that another day.






Needless to say I live in a neighborhood that reminds me of Weeds and my new dog is pretty sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment