Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Popsicle Puzzles of the family

Its craft time again. My best friend is coming to town and bringing my niece and nephew. So I figured I could make something that could entertain them, even if its just for a little bit.

The craft this time is a puzzle. I've made two different types, one with Popsicle sticks and one like a regular puzzle. I went with the Popsicle sticks because of the age of the kids. 


My first step was to pick photos, I printed mine on regular paper. I gathered the Popsicle sticks, scissors, mod podge, a brush, some thin cardboard (I used a trisket box), and an xacto knife.  

I cut out the photos and cut apart the box (so that it would lay flat). I laid out the Popsicle sticks on the image to make sure i had enough out. Now its glue time. Brush some mod podge on the back of the photo and start laying sown the sticks (I worked in sections). Once the back is covered with sticks turn it over and brush a thin coat on the front to seal the photo in.

For the image on the box, I brushed mod podge in the area that the photo was going to be placed.  Then gently laid the image on the glue and smoothed from the center out (this will remove the bubbles).  Then I brushed a coat over the top of the image.  To make the back look nice add some scrap book paper to it, then trim off the extra cardboard.

Now that you have let everything dry over night its time to start cutting.  Cut between the popsicle sticks with the xacto knife, you may have to brush on another coat of mod podge once they are apart.  On the full page one just draw the puzzle shapes you want and cut them out.

Now go have some fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment